Saturday, June 9, 2018

A Guide to Zero-Waste (travel) toiletries


A Guide to Zero-waste (travel) toiletries

I found swapping some of my toiletries the easiest way to lead a lower waste lifestyle. The following is everything (except for coconut oil and a lip balm) that I take with me when I go on holiday. Everything fits into a clear bag which I can take through security in my carry-on bag. Here is what I take:

  • a bamboo toothbrush
  • a comb
  • solid conditioner
  • soap
  • toothpaste
  • razor
  • concealer
  • solid shampoo
  • mascara and mascara wand
  • eyebrow palette

Everything fits into this bag:



I am looking to buy a stainless steel razor, however, you cannot take the blade in your carry-on, it has to be in a checked bag. Since I do not check in a bag, I will continue to use this razor. I am also looking for a zero-waste alternative to the toothpaste but since I have this one, I’m going to use it until it’s finished. In reality, only the toothpaste and mascara needs to be put in a clear bag since the rest of my products are solids.

Hopefully this has inspired you to rethink your toiletries and the amount you take.


I hope you find this useful and happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Start a Zero Waste Life

A few days ago, when I was asking some of my friends what they'd like to see on my Instagram account , one of them mentioned how she was...